Friday, September 23, 2016

A Day for Meandering



So despite the fact that I had every intention of visiting another museum today, my feet took me on a detour, and I went meandering instead. I slowly worked my way up the sloping southeast corner of the city, not far from where I’m staying. Here are a few photos of the day's adventure.


This guy with the cane taking the hill in stride, hope I  can do this when I''m his age!

An aswesome perspective on the sheer cliff beneath the White Fortress.

With temperatures dropping, I've seen smoke rising from chimneys already. 

My friends and I taking a break at a cafe with an amazingly scenic view of the city.

Ripening grapes trying to make an escape over the garden wall.

Squinting selfie over Sarajevo.

Check out this backyard: a miniature football pitch with artificial turf.

This generous Sarajevan was tending to his rooftop garden, and handed down two bunches of sweet grapes as I walked by. I wonder if he'd noticed the grapes on the Five Sons Winery shirt I was wearing?

City Hall

An unusual spot for a stove, this photo is taken at one of the residences converted from an old train station.

Just when you think you're nearly to the top, you come to the realization that it's merely another plateau. 

New friends

Practicing a tightrope walk in the park.

A bus stand advert for a Red Bull-sponsored event at the famous Mostar Bridge. I pity the poor unknowing tourist who plans on getting a taste of Mostar on this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment